Tuesday, February 4, 2014

introducing bookshelf ...


a couple of years ago i was struggling with finding time in my day to do more reading.  at night didn't work for me because i would fall asleep and i couldn't find time during the day and then it hit me ... audio books.  my aunt {a former working mom herself} used to listen to them as she traveled between dealerships as a loan officer for GMAC.  i listen to them in the car on my way to and from work, when i'm working out {going for a long walk or jog}, and sometimes - if i'm really, really into a book i'll listen to it in bed before i go to sleep.  i've been doing it for a couple of years and i have to say i love it!  i actually look forward to picking out books and to my commute!!  

this morning i've started compiling a list of the books i've read ... and i thought i'd share with you.  there is a total assortment of books as i can't stick to any one topic or genre.  i've got some career & productivity books, some parenting & time management books, and then some fiction novels and self-help books.  one of these days i'll get around to writing some reviews as well ... but for now i just wanted to start the long list.  
while i purchase my audiobooks through itunes, i keep a "wishlist" in amazon.com for all of the books that i want to read.  now if i could only find a way to share my audiobooks with friends {and yes i'm that technologically challenged}.  

what are some books that you like? 

happy reading!
-k

No comments:

Post a Comment